Now Hiring: Producing Director
Hypokrit Theatre Company is seeking a Producing Director to oversee all administrative and organizational aspects of a small but growing theater company. Significant arts management experience required, including excellent knowledge of programs development, financial operations, grant writing, reporting, contracts, office and personnel management.
Position: FULL TIME 40 hour week. Often will work weekends due to the nature of theater. Holidays given.
Salary: Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Oversee, implement, and ensure sustainability of the Theatre’s operations, programs, finances, and community support. The Producing Director will work to create and collaborate with an active Board of Trustees to ensure the programmatic and operational integrity, sustainability and excellence of the Theatre. Producing Director works in partnership with Artistic Director as peers in the organizational structure.
- Hire, manage, and oversee all line producers and production managers for each individual project.
- Engage with artists to identify resources/scope required to budget assumptions for each production, manage assumptions, and communicate changes.
- Serve as liaison between the company and the artists.
- Taking the lead on line producing specific major projects.
- Oversee copyediting and approval of programs, press releases, and marketing materials with all artists involved.
- Oversee the administration of the company.
- Management of staff, interns, and artists, including hiring new staff and interns.
- Develop and manage annual operating budget.
- Track and forecast cash flow and monitor actuals.
- Oversee financial systems and ensure timely/accurate financial reporting.
- Devise and execute marketing campaigns.
- Manage marketing strategy and staffing, including press agent.
- Work with AD on creating a new board.
- Develop and manage portfolio of institutional and individual funding partners.
- Research new funding opportunities.
- Develop new approaches to fundraising.
- Grant writing, proposal writing, and report writing.
- Oversee fundraising events.
- Human Resources
- Issuing contracts to all personnel: both artistic and non-artistic.
- Manage all Equity business, including contract negotiation.
- Oversee and devise short and long-term strategies in all areas of the theatre to ensure growth and success.
- Work closely with AD to plan and enhance artistic excellence through facilitating year-round programming.
A strong combination of education and experience, reflected in the following expectations:
- Preferred degree in the field, preferably in a field related to theatre management and/or 3-5 years arts management experience, with specific preference given for theatre experience.
- High level of administration, financial and communication skills.
- A passion for supporting marginalized voices and representation in theater.
Please email the following to email@example.com
- Current Resume/CV.
- A single page cover letter addressing your interest in Hypokrit and the position.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
If you are interested in interning with us, please email email@example.com with your resume and a short note about the areas you wish to work in.